USEFUL INFORMATION FOR CYCLISTS
- TEN THINGS TO DO AFTER A BICYCLE ACCIDENT
Recommendations from a law firm that specializes in representing injured cyclists.
- CALIFORNIA LAWS PERTAINING TO BICYCLES (updated July, 2008)
The following link is an assemblage of California codes and code subsections compiled by the Caltrans District 6 (Fresno) Bicycle Facilities Coordinator.
The document is a 42-page, 209-KB document in PDF format, which requires the free Adobe Acrobat reader (or similar program) to read. To download it, click here. If you are concerned about how various cities and other jurisdictions routinely violate cyclists' rights, you should get this document.
- GROUP BIKING FOR FUN AND SAFETY- RULES OF THE ROAD.
Dave Beyer of the Blue Ridge Bicycle Club in Asheville, NC, graciously gave permission to use his article on how to bike safely in a group. It's a PDF (43KB). To download it, click here.
- WESTERN STATES BICYCLE RIDE CALENDAR - events and rides long and short all over the west.
- BIKE TECH by Steve Bowen.
Steve Bowen, Wheelmen member and owner of the Palos Verdes Bike Shop, has written some articles on basic bike adjustments. Click on the links below, and also visit his bike shop at 4B Peninsula Center, Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274, (310) 377-7441, Toll free: (888) 377-7441. Web site: www.pvbike.com
- Fixing a Flat Tire on the Road
- Adjusting Derailleurs
- Gearing Options
- Of Wheels and Tires
- The Art & Science of Bike Fitting
- Keep Your Bike Clean and in Safe Condition
- 2009 Component Roundup